Thursday, March 5, 2009

Out Little Getaway to Kauai






Last week Josh and I and my family all went to Kauai. This is on of our favorite places to vacation. We went there on our honeymoon 2 years ago, so it was so nice to go back again. The island is so beautiful and green this time of year. We did a lot of fun things including zip-lining 80 feet up in the trees, a sunset whale watching cruise, kayaking to a waterfall, and of course laying on the beach. I must say I love the beach. Dustin and Melanie's had a rough time when Brock came down with bronchiolitis and a double ear infection. Not fun when you are away from home. But I think it was nice for all of us to get away and enjoy the ocean breeze. While we were on our sunset cruise a huge whale jumped out of the water about 50 feet in front of our boat. It was a pretty amazing experience. I think Josh and I have convinced ourselves that we need to move to Kauai. Wouldn't that be the life!

3 comments:

Jylaire said...

I'm super jealous reading this! I'm so glad you had a great time! It looks beautiful!

Mallory Clan said...

One day we will get together and actually take a vacation. Kauai or bust!

This Crazy Cross family said...

Yeah, so much fun!! Can't believe you all were so close to Japan and didn't stop in to see us. Maybe next time, hahaha, or perhaps we can meet you all in Hawaii. I like the sound of that idea! love you guys and miss you always.
Ryan,Sarah and Micah